TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BOOKINGS
Please ensure you have read these terms and conditions carefully.
Booking your stay
- Your booking will only be confirmed when the required deposit is fully paid.
- The person making the booking must be aged 18 or over at the time of the booking and is responsible for all members of the party.
- Group bookings of single sex parties must be declared at the time of booking and are at our discretion and must be approved. If you fail to disclose this, we reserve the right to refuse entry to the property and you risk forfeiting your full payment.
- A deposit payment of 20% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking with the balance due eight weeks prior to the date of arrival.
- For bookings made less than eight weeks prior to arrival we require payment in full.
- If you fail to make the relevant payment within 14 days of the date it is due, we reserve the right to cancel your booking
- Prices include all charges for internet, water, electricity and oil.
- You must provide the names of all guests who will be occupying the property during your stay and whether they are under 18.
Cancelling your booking
- If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking you must let us know in writing or by email as soon as possible. Your booking will be cancelled with effect from the day we receive your email or written notification.
- If you cancel your booking within 48 hours your deposit will be returned in full. If you cancel your booking between 48 hours and the day before your balance is due the deposit will not be refunded. If you cancel your booking within eight weeks of the date of your arrival no refund will be due and any outstanding balance will still be payable.
- If we are able to re-let the property for the some or all of the same dates we will offer a partial or full refund depending on the payment received from the new guests.
We strongly recommend that you use travel cancellation insurance to cover the cost of your stay. This will provide you with peace of mind if an unforeseen event forces you to cancel your booking.
Amending your booking
- We will always do our best to accommodate any changes but cannot always guarantee that we can, especially changes close to your arrival date. If you want to change any detail of your confirmed booking you must let us know by telephone or email and confirm in writing as soon as possible.
- Changes to booking dates will incur an administration fee of £25. You must also pay us any additional rental costs due as a result of the change – we will confirm the amount of any additional rental costs due at the time we change your booking.
If we need to change or cancel your booking
- In the very unlikely event that we have to amend or cancel your booking as above we will do our best to offer you alternative accommodation on or close to your travel dates.
HOUSE RULES – PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH OUR RULES OF BEHAVIOUR WE MAY EXERCISE OUR RIGHTS TO EVICT YOU!
- In your house you will find a welcome pack containing useful and important information about your stay. Please ensure that you and your party read it carefully on arrival. In particular you must make sure that you and your party familiarise yourselves with the layout of the house, the fire alarm system and the fire assembly point.
- Please look after the house and leave the contents clean and tidy and in the same condition as when you arrived.
- Do not use the house, or allow it to be used, for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities. You must not cause any nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours or anyone else during your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any part of the house. You and your party must not use candles, indoor fireworks, Chinese lanterns or any other naked flames in the house.
- Pets are welcome in certain units and must be declared at the point of booking.
- A bed and bowl are provided and pets are restricted to downstairs hard floor surfaces only.
- You must not allow pets on beds or on furniture within the Property and pets must not be left alone in the Property or outside at any time.
- If you break these terms we may notify you that you have broken these terms and if you continue to do so may end the Rental Contract and require you and your Guests to leave the Property before the end of the Holiday Period.
- You should remove all traces (inside and outside) from the Property of pet occupation before you and your Guests’ vacate the Property at the end of the Holiday Period.
- We may make an additional, reasonable charge for professional cleaning required after you and your Guests’ occupancy due to any pets that have stayed at the Property.
- You will be liable for all damage caused by you and your Guests’ pets.
- You must ensure that the maximum number of persons occupying the house does not exceed the maximum number stated on your booking form. In exceptional circumstances we can provide additional camp beds but you must not bring additional camp beds to the house or allow tents in the garden.
- Exceeding the maximum occupancy limit can overload facilities and lead to extensive damage. As such, we reserve the right to require you to leave the premises (without any compensation).
- If you wish to hold a party or other celebration that would cause you to exceed the maximum occupancy limit, you must obtain our written permission.
Damage to the house or its contents
- If you discover that anything is missing or damaged on arrival you must notify us immediately. If you do not notify us we will assume that you caused the relevant damage or loss.
- You will be responsible for the cost of any damage accidental or otherwise you or your party cause to the house or its contents. We may make allowances at our discretion for minor breakages.
If you have a problem or complaint
If you have any problems please contact us immediately and give us the opportunity to resolve them. Our reception is usually open between 9am and 4.30pm from Monday to Friday and often outside of those hours. Phone messages are monitored regularly so please call the 01983 215000 number.
Our rights of access
- We may need to access the house if there is an unforeseen problem or to investigate a complaint you have made. If this happens, we will do our best to let you know in advance of the date and time that we will need access.
- If we do need to access the house we will always try to do so at reasonably convenient times (other than in the event of an emergency).
Our right to evict
We may terminate our contract with you and ask you to leave the house immediately (without any compensation being payable) if:
- we consider that you or your party have committed a serious breach of these terms and conditions;
- we consider that you or your party’s behaviour endangers safety.
- any complaints are made of anti-social or unacceptable behaviour against you or your party;
- you or your party cause an unreasonable amount of damage to the house or its contents; or
- you exceed the maximum occupancy limit.
Our liability to you
We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party or to your or their property, except where such loss or damage is due to our negligence. If we are negligent our liability to you will be limited to the loss or damage which was a foreseeable result of such negligence. Except in the case of death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, our total liability to you in respect of any breach of these terms and conditions or tort or other act or omission by us in connection with this contract shall be limited in aggregate to the price agreed to be paid by you for the right to use the property for the period agreed.
Events beyond our control – Force Majeure
We will not be responsible for any failure to perform our obligations under these terms and conditions that is caused by an event outside our control. An event outside our control means any act or event that is beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, strikes or industrial action by third parties, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat of war, civil commotion, riot, invasion, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
- Normal check-in is from 16.00 and departure is required before 10.00. If you do not leave the house by the required departure time we reserve the right to charge you a late checkout fee. In exceptional circumstances we may be able to extend these times but our written permission will be required in advance.
- If you leave any of your possessions behind, please contact us as soon as possible. We will hold all lost property for a maximum of six months. You will be responsible for the costs of returning these items,
These terms and conditions are governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and that the contract is made at our premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to us.